Curling up on your bed while binging Harry potter, sipping lime tea, and having a perfectly running furnace is all you need to get through frigid winters. If you don’t already have one, now’s the perfect time to buy a new furnace to be comfortable this winter. Its cost depends upon its type, energy efficiency, size, brand, and installation charges.
There are mainly three types of furnaces
- The first type of furnace operates on natural gas. These types of furnaces are the most prevalent but are more expensive than electric furnaces. You can lower your expenses by purchasing a mid-efficiency model. They are more efficient than electric furnaces and also heat a space quickly. The cost of this type of furnace ranges from $1,700-$9,700, while their installation cost ranges from $1,000–$3,500.
- This type of furnace operates on electricity. Electric furnaces use electric currents that help to heat the air in the exchanger and then distribute from the ducts. They are efficient, need low maintenance, and have low installation costs. They are the cheapest type of heaters with a lifespan of 20 to 30 years. The cost of this type of furnace ranges from $1,600-$6,200, while the installation cost ranges from $1,000–$3,500.
- The last type of furnace operates on oil. These types of furnaces have efficiency ratings of 80%–90%. They are more expensive than electric furnaces and have become less common due to the high prices of oil. The cost of this type of furnace ranges from $4,300-$9,200, and its installation cost ranges from $2,500–$6,000.
Choosing the right furnace for your home
You should buy a furnace with higher efficiency units of AFUE 90% if you live in a cold region. However, if you live in an area with a mild climate, then a furnace with AFUE 80% will be good. Typically a home requires 30-60 BTUs per sq. ft. For instance, if your 1,000 sq. ft. home requires 50 BTUs/sq.ft., you need to choose a 50,000 BTU furnace.
After buying a furnace, you must take care of it by scheduling its servicing and maintenance at regular intervals; here are a few reasons why:
- Avoiding unexpected breakdowns
You must have regular tune-ups of your furnace to avoid unexpected breakdowns. Maintain a schedule so that you can tune up the system regularly.
- Prevent unnecessary repairs
The repair of your furnace can be very costly. Sometimes, you may even need to replace the whole system. To avoid this situation, you should schedule regular tune-ups and inspections.
- For a longer life
Regular maintenance of your system will help it last for at least 15-20 years by controlling its wear and tear over the years.
- For low expenses
Proper maintenance prevents your utility bills from skyrocketing and helps the system maintain its efficiency over the years.
To know more about furnace service in Encinitas and HVAC repair in Encinitas, contact Precision Air Inc today at (760) 203-6700. We provide the following sources: air conditioning, heating, indoor air quality, heat pumps, and ductless services. Visit our website at https://www.precision-ac.com/ or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.